On this page you will find ag-related events that are open to the public (unless otherwise specified). Know of any area events that aren't listed? Send the details to Sonja at email@example.com.
- Revised biotech labeling bill set for release
- Beef Cattle Institute has released its Step-Up mobile app, available on iTunes or Google Play
- Farm Bill Safety-Net deadline and program coverage deadline are extended to April 7th.
- FAA has released draft rules for drone usage.
- Online hunter safety certification is available.
- Nobles County 4-H Update for April 2015 is now available!
March 30 - Nobles County Corn and Soybean Growers Annual Meeting
The Nobles County Corn and Soybean Growers Annual Meeting will be held Monday, March 30th at the Worthington American Reformed Church. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. with a ribeye dinner at 6 p.m., speaker Al Batt at 7 p.m. Cost is $10 in advance or $15 at the door. Tickets can be purchased at First State Bank Southwest.
March 31-April 2 - Lunch & Learn Forage Assessment Workshops
SDSU Extension will host a Lunch and Learn Forages assessment workshops; this is a free event which includes lunch and is designed to fit into producers' busy day. All workshops are sponsored by Legend Seeds in De Smet and Millborn Seeds in Brookings. Sessions are offered in English and Spanish to help you and your employees learn about the most current methods of measuring and assessing forage quality. The main topics for this series of workshops include: forage quality and digestibility; test analysis (wet chemistry); moisture, mold and heat damage.and digestibility; test analysis (wet chemistry); moisture, mold and heat damage. To attend, please call or RSVP to Hernandez at 605-882-5140 by March 25.
- March 31 - SDSU Extension Regional Center in Watertown from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- April 1 - SDSU Extension Regional Center in Sioux Falls from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- April 2 - SDSU Dairy Research and Training Facility in Brookings from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
June 3-5 - World Pork Expo
Each year, 20,000 pork producers and other professionals make World Pork Expo the world's largest pork-specific trade show. Mark it down for June 3-5, the 2015 World Pork Expo at the Iowa State Fairgrounds in Des Moines, IA
June 17-19 - Midwest Farm Energy Conference
The Midwest Farm Energy Conference is coming up on June 17-19 and the early bird registration deadline - and discount - ends on April 1. You can register now. Organizers are excited to offer a variety of presentations and tours as part of the Conference agenda. Sessions will include energy optimized systems for dairy production, energy conservation and generation in swine facilities, incentives, grants and loans for renewable and energy efficient systems. Tours of the WCROC solar thermal systems, dairy facilities, swine facilities, Renewable Hydrogen and Ammonia Pilot Plant and wind turbine will be provided.