Princess Kay Finalists SelectedPublished by on
This year's finalists for the title of Princess Kay of the Milky Way have been named. The 12 young women from dairy farm backgrounds were selected at the conclusion of a three-day event for county dairy princesses held in St. Joseph. The finalists include:
- Katelyn Blackwelder, 20, Chokio, representing Big Stone County, daughter of Mark and Amy Blackwelder
- Katie Buckentine, 19, Chaska, representing Carver County, daughter of John and Jean Buckentine
- Nicole Jax, 19, Waltham, representing Mower County, daughter of Doug and Becky Jax
- Johanna Knorr, 18, Pelican Rapids, representing Ottertail-West County, daughter Brad and Jane Knorr
- Alydia Lee, 21, Lake City, representing Wabasha County, daughter of Jeff and Ruth Lee
- MarJenna McWilliam, 20, Winger, representing Polk County, daughter of Bruce and LaVonne McWilliam
- Libby Mills, 18, Lake City, representing Goodhue County, daughter of Kent and Deborah Mills
- Eryn Orth, 18, Winona, representing Winona County, daughter of Jim and Laurie Orth
- Ashley Overman, 22, Freeport, representing Stearns County, daughter of Keith and Lucy Overman
- Sarah Paskewitz, 19, Browerville, representing Todd County, daughter of Bruce and Sandy Paskewitz
- Rachael Rostad, 19, Zumbrota, representing Goodhue County, daughter of Joel and Bridget Rostad
- Katie Schmitt, 18, Rice, representing Benton County, daughter of Mark and Natalie Schmitt.
Each of the 12 finalists will be sculpted in butter during the 2013 Minnesota State Fair. Princess Kay is crowned each year the night before the State Fair opens.