SD Soybean Yield Contest WinnersPublished by on
The winners of the 4th Annual South Dakota Soybean Yield & Quality Contest were announced on December 11th at the SDSA and SDRPC recognition banquet. Close to 300 entries were submitted, varying throughout ten categories. Congratulations to the following:
- Joey Waldner - 88.74 bushels/acre, Beadle County, highest overall
- Robert Swisher- 83.21 bushels/acre, Brown County, Group 0 Non-Irrigated Category
- Todd Hanten- 79.47 bushels/acre, Codington County, Group 0 No-Till Category
- Danny Wollman (Honorable Mention*)- 76.92 bushels/acre, Hamlin County, Group 0 or 1 Irrigated Category
- Chris Styles- 77.62 bushels/acre, Spink County, Group 1 Non-Irrigated Category
- Kent Mettler- 75.93bushels/acre, Hutchinson County, Group 1 No-Till Category
- Dan Manning- 76.34 bushels/acre, Clay County, Group 2 Non-Irrigated Category
- Scott McKee- 85.86 bushels/acre, Lincoln County, Group 2 No-Till Category
- Joey Waldner- 88.75 bushels/acre, Beadle County, Group 2 or 3 Irrigated Category
- Frank Kralicek- 75.83 bushels/acre, Yankton County, Group 3 Non-Irrigated Category
- Brady Bolander- 58.07 bushels/acre, Gregory County, Group 3 No-Till Category
*Prizes are awarded in each category only if there are 3 or more entries per category. Entries for the yield contest were categorized by soybean maturity and sub-divided into three groups: Irrigated, Non-irrigated and No-till. Each first-place winner received a $2,000 cash prize and up to $2,000 for a non-transferable trip for two to the 2014 Commodity Classic in San Antonio, Texas. The second place winner in each category received a $1,500 cash prize, and the third place winner in each category received a $1,000 cash prize.
For more details or the full list of winners, go to the South Dakota Soybean Association website.